Will the COVID-19 outbreak impact my dental appointment?
Since March 16, the Dubai Health Authority has called on dentists nationwide to postpone non-urgent dental procedures in order to help slow the spread of COVID-19 until further other. Along with this, there were guidelines on precautionary measures on appropriate items of personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure the safety of our patients and staff members. Here’s a guide to what we can reschedule for a time until our office resumed normal operations, and what we consider an emergency.
Dental care you can reschedule for another time:
- Regular visits for exams, cleanings and x-rays
- Regular visits for braces
- Removal of teeth that aren’t painful
- Treatment of cavities that aren’t painful
- Tooth whitening
Dental care that should be taken care of by a dentist urgently:
- Bleeding that doesn’t stop
- Painful swelling in or around your mouth
- Severe Pain in a tooth, teeth or jaw bone
- Gum infection with pain or swelling
- After surgery treatment (dressing change)
- Broken or knocked out tooth
- Loose or adjusting wire of braces that hurts your cheek or gums
If you’re not sure whether your dental care need counts as an emergency, call our office. We can help decide if you need to be seen immediately. Even during this outbreak, it’s important to maintain good oral hygiene habits in order not to fall in an emergency.